Winter term classes delayed by one week at University of Waterloo

0

The University of Waterloo (UW) is delaying winter term classes by one week to acknowledge the importance of mental health during times of uncertainty caused by the pandemic.

While the term is officially scheduled to start on January 4, the first day of classes has been delayed by a week to January 11. Further, classes have also been cancelled on March 15 and 16 ,to create a four-day long weekend. Reading week will follow the schedule of February 13 to 21.

I hope these scheduled pauses provide some relief and allow you to catch up on studies and focus on your wellbeing”,  Feridun Hamdullahpur, President and Vice-Chancellor at UW, said in an online message.

Wilfrid Laurier University also recognized the stress of this fall term during the pandemic, and has scheduled to delay classes until January 11.

“This delay in the start of the winter 2021 term will also impact the start of the spring 2021 term, which will now begin on Monday, May 10,”Dr. Deborah MacLatchy, President and Vice-Chancellor at WLU,  said. 

The details of the schedule changes are still being confirmed and more information will be announced on how these schedule changes will work as the winter term approaches.