In Photos: Waterloo Wet’suwet’en solidarity march

3
Photo by Jansher Saeed

Indigenous community, climate activists, UW students and various members of the KW community united on Feb. 10, 2020 to march in solidarity for the Wet’suwet’en.

Photos by Jansher Saeed

The march started at DP and made its way towards Waterloo City Council.

Photo by Jansher SaeedThe march supported the Wet’suwet’en people whose traditional territory has recently been secured for the pipeline by the RCMP, as instructed by a court order.

Photo by Jansher Saeed

The Wet’suwet’en have been protesting against the construction of the Trans Mountain Pipeline on their traditional territory since late 2019.

Photo by Jansher Saeed
Photo by Jansher Saeed
Photo by Jansher Saeed
Photo by Jansher Saeed
Photo by Jansher Saeed
Photo by Jasnher Saeed
Photo by Jansher Saeed

3 COMMENTS

1. thy are all hippocrips thy demonstrated here and then go home in there cars to a heated home so lets be honest here don’t drive don’t heat your home and don’t shop at a grocery store they all need gas or oil
    this is all about money

2. This says the Wet’suwet’en have been demonstrating since 2019. That is incorrect. I gave a talk on this issue in 2011 and they had been there for years already at that point. The camps have been there for over 10 years. These are not protest camps. These are people’s homes.

3. This is the most simplistic and obtuse argument possible. Guess what? People working on electricity lighted their homes with candles. People who worked on steam power sailed on sailboats. This is not about money for Indigenous peoples. The hereditary chiefs offered an alternative route that would not disturb watersheds and traditional territory. The LNG companies, FOREIGN OWNED CORPORATIONS, said no to this solution because it was too expensive. Who are the ones concerned about money here again?