The Youth Council

0

Nothing brings people together like a crisis. I’ve heard this saying before, but the past couple of months have given me the chance to witness it. Holistically, we might be going through the same thing, however, the pandemic has been a different experience for each of us. And no matter how it has impacted us, we each have a story to tell.

The Youth Council  at  THEMUSEUM  is seeking participants – ages 4 to 24 – to share their experiences with COVID-19 and the impact the pandemic has had on their lives to create a documentary-style exhibition. By providing a platform to Canadian youth who have been either directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19, participants will have the opportunity to archive their stories and experiences to create a deeper understanding of how different lives in the community compare and contrast in the face of adversity.  

“It’s such a privilege to be working with people who have solid conviction and a vision for what they’d like our group to look like – to make sure we listen, understand and vocalize the issues that are affecting youth, like ourselves,” Namrata, Co-Chair of The Youth Council, said.

The Youth Council, made possible by the Astley Foundation, consists of a group of young people aged 13-17 who are passionate about their community and attend school in the Waterloo Region. It is a leadership program that provides the opportunity to amplify a diverse group of young voices as they address world issues and empower each other by working together as a unified team.  

If you or someone you know would like to share their experience living through the pandemic and are between the ages of four and twenty-four, email The Youth Council at THEMUSEUMYouthCouncil@gmail.com or on reach out the them on Instagram at TheYouthCouncil.TheMuseum. Participants must be registered to participate by Nov. 18.