Grand River Transit launched on-demand transit service, 903 Flex service in Northwest Waterloo. GRT has partnered with RideCo to fill the gap of bus route 13 Laurelwood, 31 Columbia, and 201 iXPress in the Laurelwood, Beechwood, Vista Hills, and Erbsville neighbourhoods area. There are also now connections to route 200 iXpress at Hagey Blvd. / Columbia St. W and Hagey Blvd. / Wes Graham Way. These bus routes cover major corridors. However, this area of town is difficult to provide conventional transit service.  The 903 Flex service takes passengers from GRT stops and virtual stop locations to travel from a similar location. It is useful for several university students who live off campus. The service can connect students to UW, Sobeys (Laurelwood Mews), Food Basics (Laurelwood Commons), the UW-Schlegel Research Institute for Aging, and the Stork Family YMCA/WPL John M. Harper Branch among other destinations.

The 903 flex service runs on weekdays, 6:15 a.m. to 8:45 p.m., Monday to Friday. Trips can be booked up to three days in advance.

It is easy to book a trip by either a website or an app. You can download the app GRT 903 Flex from Google Play or the App Store.  You can create and set up an account by providing your information such as name, phone number, email, and payment method to book your trip. Anyone can book trips to or from virtual and GRT stops, but that can only be done do so in service areas.

You can visit book.grtflex.com and register to set up RideCo account.

You can pay your trip fee with any valid GRT fare products, such as tickets including student’s bus passes, Conestoga ONECard, U-Passes, and bus transfers.

Bookz a trip has three steps;

1.Enter pick-up and drop-off locations.

2.Press Find Rides. You search in a particular time period not exceed than three days.

3.Review the ride options and select the ride you want.

You can pay by the same methods used in GRT buses expect cash.

For more information visit https://www.grt.ca/en/schedules-maps/903-flex-northwest-waterloo.aspx