Campus Bulletin

0
<u><strong>Upcoming Events</strong></u>

Friday, March 28 

UN International Day for the  elimination of racial discrimination. For all info on day and evening events, go to www.crosscultures.ca.

Friday, March 28-31

EXPLORE the riveting world and culture of entrepreneurship; EXPERIENCE ambition and passion among participating delegates; ENGAGE in an intensive two-day case competition featuring real life start-ups. Apply to UW Apprentice Competition today at www.uwapprentice.com.

Saturday, April 5

Come taste the tradition from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the town of Elmira — 50th Anniversary of the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival. For more information, please visit www.elmiramaplesyrup.com.

Thursday, April 10

Homer Watson House & Gallery presents a lunch time lecture by Joe Fasher on “Portraiture Drawing” through a live demonstration, from 12 to 1 p.m. at Homer Watson House, 1754 Old Mill Road, Kitchener. For “seat” info www.homerwatson.on.ca or 519-748-4377.

Wednesday, April 23 to 26

CFUW KW Used Book Sale — Friday, April 25, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ; Saturday, April 26, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., First United Church, 16 William Street, W., Waterloo. Proceeds support local scholarships – turn old books into new futures.  Drop off your used books, audio books, CDs, DVDs and music at the church Wednesday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and/or Thursday, April 24 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more info cfuwkw.org.

Sunday, June 8

Walk to fight arthritis — at the Kitchener Aud, 400 East Avenue, Kitchener from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. We invite you and your family and friends to join the Walk to Fight Arthritis. Register or donate to walktofightarthritis.ca or 519-743-2820, ext 1104.

Announcements

ATTENTION ladies! FASTBALL players WANTED! KW based recreational women’s league is looking for players for the 2014 season. Part-time players welcome! Visit www.kwladiesfastball.com for league and contact info.

C.L.O.U.D. Projects at UW — get involved in a sustainable development project in developing communities around the world! Join The New World Community and travel to Kenya, Haiti, or the Dominican Republic. Visit www.thenwc.com/cloud_projects/cloud_on_campus or email Waterloo@thenwc.com for more details!

Are you interested in putting your UX skills into practice? Join us for an unforgettable experience and a chance to win awards totalling $20,000. For more info and to register visit UWaterloo Stratford campus home page.

Church of Scientology of Cambridge presents a free public information centre with over 500 films such as, effective study skills; communication in social life and business and more. Open Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 1305 Bishop Street, N., Cambridge.

University green guide was released this past September! Available in the SLC and Waterloo Residences’ Front Desks, online on the SEED web site and likely soon on the UW Sustainability web site. SEED: https://uwaterloo.ca/school-environment-enterprise-development/.

Volunteering

The Meals on Wheels program has found a new home, and is looking for the community’s support to make the dream of operating their own kitchen a reality. If you are interested in helping CSC build its new kitchen whether through volunteering your time and skills, or by making a financial contribution, please contact Rosalind at 519-772-8787 x 225 or rosalindh@communitysupportconnections.org.

Centre for Career Action — student volunteers needed for Fall 2014/Winter and Spring 2015, to fill the position of Student Career Leader. In this volunteer position you will gain valuable job search and career-related skills by helping fellow students with their resumes, cover letters, and general job search. Open to third and fourth-year co-op and non-co-op students who possess strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. Applications available from our webpage at uwaterloo.ca/career-action. Deadline is April 30, 2014.

Ongoing Events

MONDAYS

BA? MA? MBA? If you’re so smart, why waste time and money? G.A.! Gamblers Anonymous meetings every Monday at 7 p.m., St. Marks Church, 825 King Street, W., Kitchener (basement).

TUESDAYS

Scottish Country Dancing — try something completely different this winter! Tuesday evenings from 8 to 10 p.m. at Historic St. Paul’s Church, 137 Queen Street, S., Kitchener. No partner required. Traditional jigs, reels and strathspreysin group dancing. For more info www.rscds.kitchener.on.ca.

Classifieds – Wanted

Used books for CFUW Book Sale, Friday and Saturday, April 25-26 at First United Church, King and William Streets. Drop off donations at church (back door) Wednesday, April 23, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. and Thursday, April 24, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. For more information, please call 1-855-595-73061 or 855-595-7306. No textbooks, please!

Classifieds – Help Wanted

Weekend counsellors and relief staff to work in homes for individuals with developmental challenges. Minimum eight-month commitment. Paid positions. Send resume to Human Resources, KW Habilitation Services, 108 Sydney Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 3V2.

Full and part-time help wanted — we are looking for key people to expand our financial services business in this area. Experience not necessary, as we train. For an interview call 519-893-3052 and ask for Gerard.