Campus Bulletin

0
<strong><u>Center for Career Action Workshops</u></strong></p>

Workshops for all students. For more info/sign up — www.strobe.uwaterloo.ca/cecs/ca.

Thursday, July 2

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 2218 — Résumé Tips: Think Like an Employer.NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see chart for details.

It’s All About Your Skills — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC 1208.

Monday, July 6

10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., TC 1208 —  Academic Work Search.

Successfully Negotiating Job Offers — 1:30 to 3 p.m., TC 1208. NOTE: This workshop is geared toward graduating students.

Tuesday, July 7

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 1208 — Non-academic Work Search and Networking.

Exploring Your Personality Type (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC 1214. Part I — Two-session workshop: attend the first session to learn about your personality type and preferences for learning and decision making. In the second session, discover how to apply your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to explore potential careers. NOTE: There is a student materials charge of $10 payable at the Centre for Career Action prior to the session. Once you have registered and paid, you will be given information on how to complete the assessment online. The assessment must be completed at least 2 business days prior to the workshop.

Wednesday, July 8

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 1208 — Success on the Job.

Are you LinkedIn? Learning the Basics — 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., TC 1208. NOTE: This workshop is intended for students who have limited experience with LinkedIn.

Thursday, July 9

1:30 to 3 p.m., TC 1208 — Interviews: Preparing for Questions. NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see chart for details.

Career Exploration and Decision Making — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC 2218.

Monday, July 13

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 1208 — Writing CVs and Cover Letters.

Tuesday, July 14

2:30 to 4 p.m.,TC 1208 — Careers Beyond Academia.

Exploring Your Personality Type (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC 1214. Part II — Two-session workshop: attend the first session to learn about your personality type and preferences for learning and decision making. In the second session, discover how to apply your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to explore potential careers. NOTE: There is a student materials charge of $10 payable at the Centre for Career Action prior to the session. Once you have registered and paid, you will be given information on how to complete the assessment online. The assessment must be completed at least 2 business days prior to the workshop.

Wednesday, July 15

4:30 to 5:30 p.m. room TBD — Information Session for Graduating Students.

Career Interest Assessment (Strong Interest Inventory) — 1:30 to 3 p.m., TC 1214. Attend this session to find out how your interests relate to specific career opportunities. NOTE: There is a student materials charge of $10 payable at the Centre for Career Action prior to the session. Once you have registered and paid, you will be given information on how to complete the Strong Interest Inventory online. The assessment must be completed at least 2 business days prior to the workshop.

Thursday, July 16

1:30 to 3:30 p.m.,TC 1208 — Interviews: Proving Your Skills. NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see chart for details.

Work Search Strategies — 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., TC 1208. NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see chart for details.

Information Session for Graduating Students — 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. room TBD.

Monday, July 20

10:30 a.m. to12 p.m.,TC 1208 —Working in Canada. Learn strategies for working successfully in Canadian culture. Topics covered will include cultural intelligence, communication styles, and workplace professionalism.

Tuesday, July 21

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 1208 — Interview Skills for Academic Positions.

Business Etiquette and Professionalism — 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., TC 2218.

Wednesday, July 22

12 to 1 p.m., TC 1208 — Getting a U.S. Work Permit. Learn from Nina Juncewicz, U.S. Immigration Attorney, about options available to graduating students interested in working in the U.S.

Thursday, July 23

2:30 to 4 p.m., TC 1208 — Successfully Negotiating Academic Job Offers.

Medical School Applications — 5:30 to 8 p.m., TC 1208.

Volunteering

The Centre for Career Action is recruiting enthusiastic Student Career Leaders for 2015-2016. Two great opportunities: (1) Career advising, where you’ll conduct one-on-one advising appointments; and (2) Marketing & communications, where you’ll deliver classroom outreach presentations. For details and application: https://uwaterloo.ca/career-action/student-career-leaders

UWRC Events

University of Waterloo recreation events are open to all employees of the univeristy and affiliated university colleges and their families. Register/for info uwrc@uwaterloo.ca.

GROOVE dance every Wednesday 12:05 to 12:50 p.m., DWE2529. Rated #5 top fitness trend in SHAPE magazine 2014. For more info schatten@uwaterloo.ca.

Exchange Board — a place for uWaterloo/college employees to buy and sell items.

Announcements

International Sustainable Development Projects – C.L.O.U.D. Projects enable you to travel to a deserving partner community around the world, immerse yourself in a new culture, and actually make a difference in the lives of others. For more information visit www.TheNWC.com or email Waterloo@TheNWC.com.

Students/landlords — DO NOT put your house items to the curb — turn unused items into CASH by visiting kwauctions.ca.

Classifieds – Housing

Places for rent from Hoffaco Property Management! AAA quality, only minutes walk to campus! Options on many nearby streets including University, Lester, Sunview, and Columbia. Single renters and groups of any size welcome. Rent by the bedroom or by the entire unit. We have new apartments, lofts, townhouses, and fully detached houses for rent (enjoy your own yard!). Please contact us at: rent@hoffaco.com — 519-885-7910 —www.hoffaco.com.

<

p class=”p1″>
Room for student. Completely furnished $485 inclusive. Shared kitchen, washrooms, etc. Linens, towels, etc. provided. Close to universities and bus stop. Please call Rose for more information – 519-747-5460