Campus Bulletin

0
<u><strong>Imprint&nbsp;has a job for you!</strong></u></p>

3 work-study positions for the fall 2015 semester! Must be full-time students; OSAP eligible.

Sales Assistant

Responsibilities include assisting the Advertising/Production Manager with marketing sales in Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, and Stratford for print advertisements in Imprint; design and layout of advertisements and updating databases. 

Familiarity with Salesforce is an asset.  Must have excellent people and organization skills and self-motivation. 

Volunteer Co-ordinator 

Responsibilities include recruiting and welcoming new volunteers to work at Imprint, planning social functions, tracking accomplishments of volunteers, maintaining a volunteer contact database, participating with the promotions committee for newspaper promotions, and brainstorming creative ways to draw and retain new talent. 

The ideal candidate will have previous volunteer management experience, excellent organizational, time-management, and creative thinking skills, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and experience using word processing programs (Microsoft Office). Previous experience in reporting an asset.

Systems Administrator

Responsibilities include maintaining and strengthening Imprint’s office network system, troubleshooting, and liaising with Imprint’s server administration contractors. 

The ideal candidate will have webmail server administration experience, as well as familiarty with medium-scale Linux network administration, SAMBA file management, Windows XP and Mac OS workstations, LDAP authentication and Apache admin.

Centre for Career Action Workshops

Sign-up is required for all workshops. Chart info at https://uwaterloo.ca/careeraction/workshop-prerequisite-chart

Monday, September 14

Rock the Technical Interview, — 6 to 7:30 p.m., TC room 2218.

Thursday, September 17

Translating Academic Experience to Industry — 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., TC room 1208.

Medical School Applications (OMSAS) — 5:30 to 8 p.m., TC room 1208.

Friday, September 18

Résumés for Graduate Students — 2:30 to 4 p.m., TC room 1208.

NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see linked chart for details.

Monday, September 21

It’s All About Your Skills — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC room 1112.

Tuesday, September 22

Career Exploration and Decision Making — 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., TC room 1112.

Volunteer Fair — 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Student Life Centre Great Hall. Come out and meet representatives from a variety of local agencies to find out about volunteer and internship opportunities of all kinds.

Résumé Tips: Thinking Like an Employer — 2:30 to 4 p.m., TC room 1208. NOTE: There is a prerequisite for this workshop. Please see linked chart for details.

Wednesday, September 23

Make Networking Count — 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., TC room 1208.

Making Career Fair Work for You — 2 to 3 p.m., TC room 2218. Get tips for having a successful experience at the September 30th Career Fair, including how to prepare, what to wear, and how to make the most of your time at the Fair.

Considering International Work Term Opportunities for Co-op Students — 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., TC room 1208.

<

p class=”p3″>
Curious about working outside North America for one of your work terms?Wondering about the international co-op work term opportunities thatare p